Friday, April 2, 2010

Darth

I realize I'm VERY behind in updating the blog...but it was exam week, so blame the delay on THAT! I have posted Ireland pictures on Shutterfly, and will hopefully get a chance to blog sometime while on Spring Break - in SPAIN! All of our hostels have internet, so I'll do my best to update Ireland when I get a chance. Spring Break officially starts tmrw...leaving for Barcelona, and will be there until Sun (Easter) morning...then Valencia for the end of Sun/Mon...then on Tues off to Seville until Thurs morning...and we'll end our trip in Malaga for the remainder of the trip. We fly home on Sat afternoon.

To keep you entertained until my next post...I'll share my 'Darth' story...

So for anyone who knows me well, I HATE spiders. They are the one creature that truly make me shiver. So one night this week, Melinda and I are studying in our respective beds and she lets out a yelp...I look over and this HUGE spider is in the middle of our floor. Biggest spider I've ever seen aside from tarantulas in pet stores. With legs spread, it was probably 3 inches wide. I leaped to the other side of my bed and we both were yelling. It was 1:30 AM so we probably woke our neighbors. The problem was, in Hungary - it's bad luck to kill spiders. Melinda wanted to try to transport him out our window. I was NOT into that idea as this dude looked capable of jumping...and also...to go out the window, we'd be going over my desk...and if he fell under there, I'd no longer use it. EVER. So I convinced her (at a loud decibel) that I brought back enough Irish souvenirs that we were BOUND to have lots of lucky stuff to overcome the bad luck of killing this spider. She agreed and, as he was closer to her side, she gave a mighty whack from her folder and a few solid smacks with a shoe for good measure. We checked to make sure he was dead and then left the folder...with the spider exposed...in the middle of our floor. For the next 24 hours. We then named him Darth. This was in honor of another dark foe - Darth Vader - who we felt was at the same level of evil. We left him out in hopes that his brutal public murder would terrify his friends into hiding. We both didn't sleep well that night...and kept thinking we heard or FELT little legs. AH! Hopefully there are no OTHER Darth's out there! Also - we think he climbed in the window...so we both are against ANY window opening from now on. No screens on our windows here...so all sorts of fun creatures may crawl in. Awesome.

And THAT is the story of Darth. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment