Sunday, February 13, 2011

Final Day in Maastricht: Through Pictures - Walk to School

I thought it would be fun to describe some of my favorite places in Maastricht, as well as my normal route to University, through pictures. I'll do each in their own post, as with all the pictures it would be SUPER long to include them all in one.

Below is the route I would take each day to school, it may not seem like much to you all, but each little bend in the path, road to cross, store I'd pass or tree-lined street brings back fond memories. The pictures below start at the Guesthouse and finish outside of school. That route takes between 12 and 18 minutes, depending on your speed. :)





This is the front of the Guesthouse, which as you can see takes a bit of a walk to get to from our entrance. This side is the Hospital side, which shares the building with the Guesthouse. This large blue cylinder in front was something we all wondered about. It reminded me of "the blue shampoo" which only my family will understand. :)


The roundabout!


Carolyn and Farzin were my walking pals...



Lots of interesting little shops line the right, and typically small European cars on the left.


Interesting parking signs, eh?

Now...up ahead we turn to the right...


Up ahead on the left you can see Aldi - our good friend.


This part was always nice - lots of trees and usually people out walking around - either at the park which is on the right currently, or to Aldi.



This is where we can choose two routes - I usually go straight across this particular street, but some continue down the street towards the right. Both get you to school. My route is nicer though. :)

After crossing the street...


...we turn down this street to the right...


...which is lined with houses like these!


Then turn to the left...and up ahead back to the right...


And way up there...through the trees...is school!


Ta da!


The entrance to school...


Through those doors is the courtyard.


Welcome to school!





No comments:

Post a Comment