Sunday, January 17, 2010

About A Week Until "Go-Time"

Starting to mildly freak out as there's about a week left until I hit another continent. Freak in a good way, mind you. Starting to go through the packing list mentally about four times a day and remind myself of the millions of things to make sure I do in the next week. But - how I love lists and crunch time, so this week will be fun, actually.

Covering a lot on the 'check-list' this weekend by visiting family and friends. Starting down in Johnston, Iowa with Doug and Laura and then making my way up to Minneapolis on Monday to see those I can catch on their last free day before the semester begins. It's surreal to say good-bye to people knowing you won't see them for 4+ months...if not more.

Bought a Dutch language and translation book today and realized, when in doubt, start the word with a hard 'k' sound and you'll be right. For anyone who cares to know...Dutch words that start with a 'ch' or a 'g' or even a 'sch' are all pronounced with the hard 'k' sound. (Which are a LOT of words!) Found that to be quite interesting.

So...getting ready to begin the big adventure. Want to see as many people in the next week as possible, at least to get in a hug - so please, shoot me a text/email/phone call if you'd like to hang out/grab coffee etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment