Sunday, February 28, 2010

Maastricht Sunshine!

As promised, this is a quick summery of my week. Nothing special really happened, other than school. I had my first presentation on Friday for my Consumer Behavior class, and we present for the entire 2 hour class period! (We even went a tad over! Didn't see that coming...) Felt a LOT better after that was over. Our group presents one more time in two weeks...at least now we know it's not too bad! Management Accounting is my other class, and is a bit of a tough one for me. I'm going to need to take a lot more time studying for that class - as a lot of it is over my head. I miss having lectures to explain things...but I guess I'll have to adapt and learn to teach myself for the semester. It'll be a good challenge I think!

We were lucky enough to have some great weather this week...and only a bit of rain. Walking to class was actually pleasant and I usually ended up with my scarf off and coat unbuttoned. I probably look ridiculous to the Dutch, but when it's 45 degrees I get warm walking with a winter coat!

On that note, this Saturday Carolyn and I headed out to walk around downtown Maastricht. The sun was out which meant we had just fleeces on and of course, our shades! (First time ALL trip!) We did a little shopping and of course, pastry eating. The pastry of choice this time is called Oliebollen. It's a deep fried pastry with a pudding-like filling in the middle. We had our first one during Carnaval, and as soon as we spotted the sign, Carolyn and I looked at each other and laughed. Of course we'll have one!! It's nice when others are on the same pastry wavelength. :)

We enjoyed the view by the river and soaked up as many rays as we could. Hungry we wandered home. I made my Mom's potato salad last night - which was DELICIOUS! I must say, I've tried a few recipes since arriving, and this was the one that turned out the best. Thanks Mom!

Getting into the Olympic and hockey spirit as I watched Miracle, Mighty Ducks and even Cool Runnings within the last few days, in anticipation for tonight's BIG GAME! We'll be watching with Carolyn and our other Canadian friend James (from the Paris trip) and it should be fun! WOOHOO!!! Go U-S-A! (Sporting my new USA Olympic shirt on the left!)

That's about all from me for this week...mainly was catching up with school and then getting in a lot of me-time after the trip. No idea what the next trip will be, but I'll keep you posted! It'll probably be a 2-day trip to somewhere close, like Brussels, Liege or even Cologne. We'll have to see what happens! :)

1 comment:

  1. What do folks think of Wilders and the election results?
    Tom Koch

    ReplyDelete